Saturday, September 6, 2008

I Don't WANT To Be the Crazy, Drunk Aunt!

My sister’s family came over today to celebrate my birthday.

I felt horrible today.  I had a lot of pain from where I pulled a muscle the other day, so I was limited in what I could do without causing more pain.  I was also quite tired because I could not sleep well last night.  I was unable to get comfortable.

When my sister arrived, I was a bit crabby.  I decided that since everyone else was drinking beer I would have a cocktail.  I got the bottle of Effen Blackcherry Vodka, poured a shot and added some Sprite.  Over the course of about an hour and a half, I had 3 cocktails from one can of Sprite.

My grandma decided she would come inside because a show she wanted to watch was coming on and we would be ready to eat in about 20 minutes, so I came in with her and my sister’s kids.  I reclined on the couch (dual reclining sofas are great) and sipped my third cocktail.

I had the sudden image of myself as the crazy, drunk aunt at all the parties.  This is not who I am, but that is the image I got.  I was practically laying down sipping my third drink.  Also, like the image of the crazy, drunk aunt, I was fluctuating between smiling and snarling all day.

Thoughts like, “you beautiful little brats, give me a hug,” came to mind.  I began to see myself as the crazy, drunk aunt with a touch of Mommy Dearest in the future.  Orange lipstick on the outside of my lips and on my teeth, ratted out hair and polyester clothes.  Let’s not forget the half a bottle of horrid cologne.

I need to get better soon!  That was a scary, scary image!

No comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP