Thursday, September 25, 2008

I LOVE My Butcher!

I love going to the butcher.

I know it is a dying business.  Not many butcher shops exist.  Not the way they used to.

So many people just get their meat at the grocery store, but there is a big difference in the meat.

Butcher meat is fresher.  But forget that.

Why do I love going to the butcher?

It smells SOOOO good!

The butcher I go to is an Italian family-owned place on the Northwest side of Chicago called Joseph’s that has been in business for a few generations.  They make their own focaccia.  They make sandwiches and breaded vegetables.  They marinate a lot of cuts of their meat. 

It smells so delicious when you walk in.  All those spices mingling with the baked breads and cookies. 

I grew up going there for meat.

The butcher knows us.  He knows whose birthday it is based on what we order.  They always have the best cuts of meat.  I have never had a steak from them that wasn’t the most tender.  Even if the cook (usually my step-dad) over cooks it, it is delicious.   Mmm, mmm, mmm.

Can you tell I went there today?  

No comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP