Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Day After Surgery

I did not sleep that well last night.  I was so uncomfortable lying on my back. 

I normally sleep on my stomach or curled up on my side.  I could not curl up last night.  

I had to be straight.  I did prop a pillow along my right side so that I could sleep somewhat on my left side.

My back was hurting from being straight and flat like that for that long, it was waking me up.

I fell asleep around 1:00 woke up at 3:00, was awake until 5:00 and woke up at 8:00. 

I have had very little pain in my breast, however, which is really good.  When the painkiller starts to wear off, I feel some twinges of discomfort, like a pinching, but it’s not bad at all.

I noticed last night that my right breast is swollen a bit.  I would imagine that is normal after having so much trauma to it yesterday.  In about an hour or so, I will remove the bandage and see how everything looks.  I get to take a shower later too.  Woohoo!

Today, my biggest complaints would be some stomach upset, which is from the painkiller and a bit of a sore throat, which I would guess is from sleeping on my back.  I think if I sleep on my back, my mouth ends up open.

Otherwise, I am OK.  Just tired.

I made my appointment with the doctor for my follow up for next Wednesday.  Hopefully everything heals well. 

As I said yesterday, the results of the biopsy won’t be available until Friday or Monday.  I will let you know what I find out about the results.

Thanks again for all your kind words and prayers!

No comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP