Saturday, November 29, 2008

Get That Index Finger Ready!

Ah, Cyber Monday.  How I love it so.

I love to go in stores and shop.  I prefer to touch and feel items before I purchase them. 

However, there are a few reasons that I will do the majority of my Christmas shopping online, and much of it today.

The first is that the items I am buying are things like DVD’s or toys I know are wanted.  Also, clothes someone picked out of a catalog.  Easy enough, right?  They chose it, so I don’t worry about whether they will like the fabric or not.

The second being the free shipping.  I would not be likely to do any shopping online if not for the free shipping.  Sure it would save me gas to do so, but gas is below $2 a gallon and the mall is less than a mile from my house. 

The third, and the biggest reason, is the sales tax.  Most online companies do not charge sales tax.  For many, this may not be a big deal, but for me, it is huge.  The sales tax here in Chicago is 10.25%.  10% in the surrounding suburbs.  That is a significant savings. 

Combine the sales tax savings with the free shipping and discounted items and you can see why I cannot pass up Cyber Monday

No comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP