Thursday, November 27, 2008

I'd Rather Be Sleeping

I’ve never been one to get up early to do the whole Black Friday thing. 

First, I am NOT a morning person AT ALL.  8:00 am is hard enough, so forget 4:00 or 5:00.

Second, I cannot stand large crowds.  The pushing and shoving and overall invasion of personal space irritates the hell out of me.

Put the two together and it makes for one extremely crabby Kelly.

I do not like people to talk to me for at least an hour after I wake up, so multiple voices, let alone massive crowds, is like an assault on my ears.

I have gone to a few stores later in the morning or early afternoon once or twice in the past, but it’s not a tradition for me.  It’s only if the ads that come in the huge Thursday paper have something I am planning on buying at an incredible price.

My mom and step-dad have made it a tradition for the two of them over the last few years.  They got up at 4:00 am today to be at Sears at 5:00.  They went in, got in the line and were out by 5:30 with a 42 inch LCD HD TV at an insane price.

Then they went to Kmart, IHOP (they needed to refuel) and Target and were home around 9:00.  They did their part to help the economy.

Later, around 1:30, my mom and I ran to a few stores, but nothing major and it was not crowded then. 

While not many things in the ads blew me away as far as doorbuster prices, there were a few good deals.  Still a lot of Christmas shopping to do over the next few weeks.

How about you?  Did you venture out on any Black Friday adventures?

No comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP