Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Vampires Sucked Me In

The other day I posted about the movie/book Twilight.  I was only about 130 pages into the book at that time and I said that I did not want to stop reading but, I didn’t feel the need to rush back to it to read more.

Well, that has changed.

Not only am I still not wanting to put it down, I am eager to get back to it to find out what happens next.

I have been reading at night when I go to bed, which is always a bad idea because if I like the book, I end up going to sleep at midnight instead of 11:00. 

Not with this book. 

I have been reading since Tuesday; starting Thursday night, I have been so intrigued by the story that I have been staying up until 2:00 am.  Last night it was about 2:30 when I finally fell asleep. 

Of course, I don’t allow myself to sleep past 9:30, so I am pretty tired.  I am itching to get back to the book and am intending to buy the second book in the series today or tomorrow. 


I am not going to discuss the details of the book because I don’t want to ruin it for anyone who might want to read it, so I will just say that initially it was a good story with a lot of interesting dialogue and it was very sweet.  It has become very exciting and currently is suspenseful. 

If you like romance and suspense, I think you will like this book.  Thus far (about 400 pages in), it is not a vampire story like we are used to, so if you are squeamish or not into scary stories, I think you might still enjoy this because I don’t like scary stories either.

No comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP