Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ice Ice Baby!

Yesterday it was in the 50’s.  Today, it was 8 degrees when I got up.  Windchills, below 0 degrees. 

It had rained a lot the last 2 days, so when I went out today, my car was one sheet of ice.

That is, after body slamming the storm door open to get to my car.  I have remote start, so I had the car running for about 20 minutes.  The front windshield was clear.  The driver’s side windows were clear, but the back and passenger side windows were solid ice. 

It looked like the rain froze as it was coming down.  I should have taken a picture, but I didn’t have my camera.

After battling to get my frozen car door open, I cranked up the defrosters and drove like that.  It would have taken an hour to scrape it off.

I was only going a mile and got into the lane I needed to be in.  I went in the mall and started the car as I was walking.  By the time I was done, it was clear.

One of the strip malls I went to hadn’t salted the parking lot.  The entire parking lot and walkways were solid ice.  You could have skated if you wanted.

The parking lot around the corner at Borders was as clear as if nothing happened. 

It isn’t even technically winter and it is as cold as it is in February.  If this is a sign of what the rest of the winter is going to look like, I better buy some more sweaters.

No comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP