Saturday, December 6, 2008

Ooooh Burr!

It has been quite cold here. 

I was tempted to say very cold, but considering how cold it CAN get here, I changed the wording.

It has been below freezing the last couple of days.  It was 7 degrees yesterday morning. 

We had our first real snow this week too.  We’ve had a few flurries in the last few weeks, but none of it stuck.  This week we had a few inches.  (I really have no idea how cold it is this morning, I haven’t checked.  All I know is it snowed again.)

They are predicting more snow today and tomorrow. 

I don’t mind really, I can always put more clothes on.  I have a house to live in, heat running through the house, warm blankets on my bed, plenty of clothes, etc.

They stated on the news that there have been 5 weather related deaths in the area.

It’s days like this that I think about the homeless people.  The people with slumlords keeping the heat low.  People with little money to pay the heating bill or otherwise keep their families warm.

It’s days like this, especially at this time of year, that I am even more grateful for how fortunate I am.  

No comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP