Friday, December 12, 2008

Running on Empty

Actually, it is more like fueled by caffeine.


I got 2 hours of sleep last night.  I couldn’t fall asleep.  I don’t know for sure what time I fell asleep, but I know it was well after 2:00. 

Around 4:20, I woke up and couldn’t go back to sleep.  I tried for over 2 hours before I gave up.  I got up at 6:30 and took a shower, came upstairs and had a glass of juice while checking my email and dropping Entrecard. 

I finished that about 9:30 and had a cup of coffee in the mean time.  I wrote out the rest of  my Christmas cards as I had only done about half the other day, labeled, sealed and placed stamps on all of them. 

I did a load of laundry and emptied the dishwasher. 

It was 11:30 and it felt like 2:00 pm. 

I filed away all the stray coupons I had accumulated over the last few weeks, ran to Starbucks for a frappucino and then went to the grocery store.  I was home by 2:00.  

After putting the groceries away, I dusted and polished all the furniture in the living room, ran the vacuum, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned the bathroom in the basement, cleaned the dining room table off and wrapped a few Christmas gifts.

We are having some company tonight for a Christmas get together, so I got out the Christmas coffee mugs and plates, cleaned them, filled the sugar bowl, put out the Christmas candle holders and candles and am waiting for the last person to shower so I can clean the upstairs bathroom. 

It’s 5:08 as I type this.  I have been out of bed for 11 hours and have accomplished more today than I normally get done in 3 days. 

My back and legs are killing me, which is a normal symptom of being overly tired.  

However, I don’t really feel tired.  Why?  Because I am fueled by caffeine. 

While at the grocery store, I stopped at a Sicilian bakery for some cannoli to have with coffee tonight.  (No, I’m not Italian, but I grew up with many, so it rubbed off.)  While there, I was looking at the pizzas and focaccia when I realized I hadn’t eaten yet today.


I still haven’t, actually.  I plum forgot, as my grandma would say.  All I have had is juice and coffee.  I think that explains why I have so much energy.  Don’t worry, we’re drinking decaf tonight.  

No comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP