Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Happy Birthday, Buddy!

I remember when my nephew was born.

My mom and I met my sister and brother-in-law at the hospital in the middle of the night to get my niece.  She was 2 ¾ and very confused about having been woken up, put in the car and then taken out and put in Grandma’s car without mommy and daddy.  

I sat in the back with her to comfort her because she was crying very tired tears.

The next morning we found out my nephew had arrived.  She was very excited to meet her little brother, the baby she had been talking to in mommy’s tummy for so long.

When she met him, it was the sweetest thing.  She was very much in love with that tiny baby.

However, he wasn’t all that tiny.  He was 10 lbs at birth.  He looked like a little old man.  His nickname became “Buddy” very early on, just like my niece became my “Peanut.”

My nephew was a good baby, just like my niece was.  Neither of them cried much.  He only cried when he was hungry.  When he was hungry, he wanted to be fed immediately. 

He is still a big eater.  It is amusing to see how much he eats, especially compared to his sister.

It’s hard to believe he is 4 years old today.   

Happy Birthday, Buddy!

No comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP