Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What a Clutz!

Yesterday was one of those days where I should have just sat perfectly still all day.

As soon as I rolled over to wake up, I was greeted with a throbbing headache.  I couldn’t shake it either.

I would normally coddle myself when I get a headache like that because I get migraines and when I get a little headache, it often builds into a migraine.

However, I had a lot to do.  I had to watch one of my classes online and finish the homework, which wasn’t due until today, but I wanted to be done with it yesterday.  I hate cutting things too close.

I also, wanted to get started on the week 2 work, so I printed out the materials for both paralegal classes and watched half of the online class for week 2 for the first course.

Around 4, I was emptying the dishwasher and decided to make coffee.  Decaf.  I can’t drink caffeine after 3 or it keeps me up.  Another change in my makeup the older I get.  When I was in my teens and 20’s, it didn’t matter how much caffeine I had.

We keep the coffee scoop in the coffee.  I was shaking the container trying to get to the handle of the scoop when I lost my grip and coffee grounds spilled all over the stove. 

After that mess was cleaned up, I finished unloading the dishwasher and kept dropping things.

I am amazed I didn’t slice a finger off making dinner. 

After dinner, I was loading the dishwasher, and again, was dropping everything.

This happens to me a couple of times a month.  I should pay attention to whether it coincides with my headaches or not.

Despite my clumsiness, I got a lot done.

I am hoping I have more time for homework this week so I can do it in a more relaxed state.  This last week was crazy.

I had to watch the videos and do the homework for both paralegal classes, go to the computer lab (which I posted about the other day), print the invitations for Grandma’s 90th birthday party, gather and type up the addresses for the 43 invitations we are mailing, print the labels, stuff the envelopes, last Saturday was my nephew’s birthday party….  It was a long and crazy busy week.

This week, the only things on my list other than school are cleaning, grocery shopping and celebrating my mom and step-dad’s 19th wedding anniversary.

No comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP