Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tomorrow She Is Old


Tomorrow is the big day. The big 9-0! My grandma doesn't think she is old. She always says, "when I get old..." So, since she and I have such a great relationship and kid each other all the time, I tell her she will be old tomorrow.

We are taking her to breakfast, though it will be nearly noon. It's hard to get her moving too early. She doesn't eat much normally, but give her breakfast and she goes to town.

I told her that it's appropriate that her birthday is Wednesday since it is senior citizen's day now that she'll be old. She got a kick out of that.

Then we are going by my uncle's for a bit so she can see him and his sons. I am making cup cakes today because she wants to take some over there. Little does she know she will see them for her big party Saturday.

We are telling her about the party tomorrow, but we aren't telling her how big or who will be there. There are 67 people on the list. Some she hasn't seen in 40 years. They are the surprise.

After we go to my uncle's, my sister is coming by with her kids since it's my niece's early day from school.

We are holding back all her cards from people we invited and only giving her ones from people we did not invite until tomorrow. We are afraid they might mention the party before we tell her about it. That way, too, she will have a huge pile of cards on her actual birthday.

I can't wait to see how many floral arrangements she gets!

5 comments:

nova said...

happy anniversary to your blog... and many more post to come...

Sherri said...

Hey, Kelly! I started a new blog over here, too (should be approved for Entrecard anytime). Your Grandma's party sounds like it will be a lot of fun. It will be great for her to see everyone.

You know, today they made an announcement on Today that we could keep the widget, but we would not get paid for any traffic from EC. So what's the point of the having the widget? There's no point in advertising or dropping if you won't get paid for them dropping back. I can't believe they canceled your account!

laneerg said...

I'm sorry to hear that they canceled your account. But I am glad to see that you are still blogging.

I think your computer troubles have reached out and touched me. My desktop computer decided to die on me a few days ago - only a little over 2 years old. So now I am relying on my little (and I do mean little) netbook.

Hope your grandmas party goes well!

Juliana RW said...

happy birthday to your grandmother... so..you live next to the st. Joseph Church. that is cool. hope someday can travel there ;)

flit said...

I hope the birthday celebrations all go very well!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP