Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Two Weeks To Go

Two weeks from today, my grandma turns 90. 

I keep telling her that in 2 weeks, she’ll be old.  My grandma and I have a close relationship and we tease each other all the time.  In fact, because her birthday is April Fool’s Day, I tell her she was a joke.  She has such a great sense of humor. 

The funniest thing, though, is that she doesn’t think she is old.  She says, “when I get old,” which is why I tell her she will be old in 2 weeks.

So far, we have 57 people coming to the party and still have about half to hear from. 

My grandma is the oldest of 5 and all of her siblings are living.  The youngest is 80.  It would be so nice if they could all make it, but we have not heard from her brother yet.  Her youngest sibling is playing it by ear because she has had a virus.  The middle sibling, hasn’t gave a definite answer, but we think she will come of the youngest comes.  The second oldest has Alzheimer’s, but her daughter is making arrangements for the nursing home to bring her (it’s a 5 hour drive for them).

When my cousin took the invitation to show her mother, she said it was like a switch flipped on and she was suddenly her mom again.  She looked at the photos on the invitation and began talking about her siblings and old times.  She is hoping being around her sisters and brother would help her.

Everything is done for the party for the most part.  I have to finish the album I am making with labels on the photos.  Otherwise, I know I will be flagged down with “who is this?” ever 5 minutes.  I was going to do the timelines of the US and Chicago, but since my laptop is down for the count, I can’t get to them.  Unless I get that fixed in the next week, it’s not happening.

Everything is going smoothly.  I just can’t wait to see her face when all these people show up!  

No comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP