Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Wearin O' The Green

My Irish eyes are smiling because today is St. Patrick’s Day, which means corned beef, but also because it is going to be in the 70’s!  It’s already gorgeous and it’s not even noon!

It’s too bad the parade isn’t today, though it was nice over the weekend too.

We celebrated St. Patrick’s Day Sunday, but we will be having corned beef again today.  We only get it a couple of times a year, so it’s a treat.  Now, if you are making corned beef, can I suggest baking it?  Boiling it is the way most people do it, but really, baking it is so much better.  Try it.  Bake it on 350 for a couple of hours.  Uncover it about 20 minutes before you take it out so it can brown.  So much better.

The shampoo lady where I get my hair cut is from Ireland and she is there right now.  She said what was once a religious day has become a party day and they took it all from Chicago.  They dye the river green and they make corned beef!  Who would have thought the Chicagoans would influence the way the Irish celebrate their own holiday!

What do you do for St. Patty’s Day?  Anything?  Do you at least wear green?   I admit I don’t always wear a green shirt because I don’t have many, but I wear my green daily.  I have green eyes and I have 3 shamrocks tattooed on myself.  I’m not a witch, but I have studied about various religions and I know that 3 is a powerful number.  There are 3 “hearts” on a shamrock, which makes my tattoo 3 x 3 which is even more powerful.  Plus in Christianity, 3 is a powerful number, i.e. the holy trinity.  I think I have my bases covered.  

No comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP