Saturday, April 25, 2009

Honey Buns

Some strange man called me that today. "Hey, Honey Buns!"

I ignored him, of course.

I was entering a grocery store and there were 2 cars stopped at the stop sign allowing pedestrians to cross.

I heard him say something a few times, but it didn't register because I figured he wasn't talking to me.

Then I heard him say it more clearly followed by a short whistle to get my attention and "Hey, Honey Buns!"

When I got inside I turned to look out the window and he was trying to flag someone down. Not sure if he had to ask a question or was looking for money.

Either way, I laughed and thought, if that's the case, a much more effective way to get someone to stop might be to say, "excuse me, miss."

If I don't know you, I don't respond to "baby," "sugar," "sweet thang," "doll," or any such nickname you might find suitable for a woman.

submit to reddit
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

The Fitness Diva said...

You are preaching to the choir right here! I despise that type of attitude from strange men, and no, don't call me baby. Or any other little inappropriate "endearment", because you don't know me like that.

I think many of these men never bothered to learn good manners.

The problem is, they're everywhere!
If I was a man, I'd knock their teeth out! That's what my Dad would do if he heard 'em disrespecting his daughter! ;)

betchai said...

i also do not respond to those type of name calling, i actually do not like it them calling me or me anybody that way, how can you call someone honey when you do not even know them? you are right, the best way to call our attention is with respect, such as "excuse me, miss"

sundcarrie said...

I don't like that either. Something more respectful as you said would be fine.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP