Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Make-Up & A Fundraiser

We all know someone who has been touched by breast cancer.

Many of you know of my own scare last fall (read about it here, here, here, here, here, here and here).

My cousin is hosting a fundraiser for The Breast Cancer Network of Strength on behalf of her best friend who was diagnosed in October as I was going through my own biopsy.

Her friend had a double mastectomy and is undergoing chemo which she will continue to undergo through the summer. I can't help, especially since it was at the same time, but think that I could be in the same situation fighting for my life.

The Breast Cancer Network of Strength is an organization that offers outreach programs, breast health awareness workshops, wigs and prostheses for women with limited resources, and advocacy on policies related to breast cancer. This organization will ensure that no one faces breast cancer alone.

Her friend is taking part in the walk on Mother's Day, May 10th, here in Chicago and my cousin (who lives in North Carolina) is helping her raise money. She is doing this by donating half of her profits from sales through her Mary Kay website from now until Friday at noon.

If you would like to help raise money for breast cancer and also get yourself some make-up, please go here or click on the Mary Kay image. If you would like to donate to this person's efforts without buying something from Mary Kay, go here or click on the image at the top of the post.

EDIT: The fundraiser has been extended through the weekend. Thanks!



Bookmark and Share

submit to reddit

1 comment:

Sherri said...

What a neat way to raise money for such a great cause! I didn't know about your breast cancer scare. I was called back after my recent mammogram (everything was fine), but I didn't have to go through a biopsy. THAT would be scary!

Recent blog post: What is the Difference Between Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia?

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP