Friday, April 3, 2009

One More Day

Last night I found out my best friend/oldest friend who was coming from Georgia for Grandma's party won't be able to come after all. Her 22 month old son has a stomach bug. He had been feeling better during the day yesterday so she was going to still come, but then last night, he got sick again, so they decided not to come.

We are all so disappointed. I've known her since we were 5 and she is more like my sister than my friend. She thinks of my grandma as her own so she feels bad about not making it in for Grandma. We were going to surprise Grandma with her visit, but we told her last night that she had been planning to come but can't now. She had a feeling Barb was coming. Good news is my friend said they might come in a few weeks.

Our total count has gone from 67 to 61 in 2 days. Grandma's youngest sister and her daughter were going to fly in from California but they have had a virus for weeks, so they won't be coming either. I have to some how reconfigure our seating arrangements.

Pretty much everything is done except the details. I have some cleaning left to do around the house too. Lots of small things add up to a lot of work to do in 24 hours! Agh!

I mentioned yesterday Grandma had gotten lots of flowers. Well the one that we had missed Wednesday had come yesterday. I sent photos of the flowers to those who sent them and we found out the ones that came yesterday were not what they were supposed to be. My great-aunt had ordered an arrangement of lilacs because that is my grandma's favorite. I won't go into the whole thing, but they were promised lilacs by someone high up at ftd. The arrangement was lilac in color, but not one lilac.

After several phone calls back and forth, my great-aunt said the florist will be picking up those flowers and delivering the correct ones today. Who knew flowers could cause such drama.

Before I go, I must ask for some prayers. Grandma isn't feeling good today. She thinks her Shingles are acting up. From what I know, once you have Shingles, which is a form of chicken pox but much worse, you can get them again at any time. We need her feeling good tomorrow, so a few prayers would be appreciated. Thanks!

I won't be posting for a couple of days because of the party and the after-party that will most likely be a long day Sunday.

2 comments:

Claudia from Alex the Fey said...

Congratulations on leaving Today!! Whoo hooo!! You are very brave. I hope it goes well for you!

flit said...

looking forward to hearing how it all went!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP