Wednesday, May 6, 2009

From Bingo Palace to Very Valentine

I went to Borders the other day with the intention of buying Louise Erdrich’s The Bingo Palace.

Oddly, they did not have it. They only had 4 of her books and only 1 copy of each. I decided I would just order it from amazon.com since I know they have it.

Did I leave the book store empty handed?

Of course not.

On one of the first few tables, they had Very Valentine by one of my favorite authors, Adriana Trigiani.

I have mentioned her Big Stone Gap series before. I love that series and have read them about 3 or 4 times.

When I picked up Very Valentine, it said it was the first in a new series, which got me very excited. I read a little and decided I had to get it. Now I just have to finish the Love Medicine series so I can get to Very Valentine!

Of course, I picked up a few others from the Bargain Books section. Total, I walked out with 4 books and a gift for my niece for her birthday in a couple weeks.

Thankfully, I had gift cards!

submit to reddit
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

SLColman said...

I love books and can't seem to leave a bookstore without buying at least one!!

Dori said...

I'm the same way. I hardly ever leave the bookstore without something. I like Adriana Trigiani too.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP