Saturday, May 30, 2009

Graduation Update

Sorry I have been MIA for a few days.

When we last met, I was telling you my nephew was graduating preschool.

It was very cute. There were about 8 or 9 kids in his class and 3 or 4 times as many teachers!

They basically demonstrated some of the things they do every day.

Then they did a little ceremony. They played Pomp & Circumstance and the kids wore these funny little hats they made. The teacher called their names and handed them a framed diploma with their photo on it and then they stood in line for applause.

After that, they had refreshments and snacks. They gave the kids huge binders filled with some of their activities and letters from all their teachers (each kid had 3 or 4 student teachers), which were so nice and saved the parents from making memory books of their preschool year.

We went back to my sister's house and gave him his little presents. He did not say much about any of it until later in the day, then he was excited about everything, including his graduation Mickey.

He enjoyed his broccoli cheese soup from Panera and he was annoyed that I was copying him...

My mom and sister also got the broccoli cheese soup, I had the cream of chicken and wild rice.

We were all dipping the bread in the soup, though that is the only way he ate his. He refused to use the spoon. When I was almost done, he looks at his mom very annoyed and said, "why he she copying me?"

I laughed and said, "I've been dipping my bread in my soup before you were born so you are copying me!" He thought I was nuts and then I told him that I had different soup, so I couldn't be copying him.

My niece and nephew both know I am a bit nuts, they like it.

In fact at my niece's birthday party at McDonald's last week, she got a cute little top with skulls and crossbones and pink stuff along with a little denim halter vest with skulls and crossbones, pink satin and big "diamond" buttons.

One of the other moms liked the shirt and was holding it up to herself saying it was way to small for her to borrow. I took the halter vest and put it on over my shirt. It actually fit and looked cute. My niece thought it was funny but her friends looked horrified. SO FUN!

submit to reddit

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

along2481 said...

nice ficture.......!!!

flit said...

LOL My brother used to take great delight in mortifying my kids... one time that we ALL still remember is when he started signing We Wish You a Merry Christmas - loudly - in a Taco Bell in July just because he "felt like it".

Lindsay Maddox said...

What a cool graduation ceremony! And LOL @ you copying your nephew. Too cute. :)

Free CSS Templates said...

Sometimes I respond to comments, but this year it really hasn't been very often, but I do try and go to their blog and comment on one of their posts. I very seldom check to see if anyone has responded to any comment I make.

Please Read:
Enter to my " 1st FUNNY CONTEST " held at my blog . Winners will get a free 120*120 Adspot on my Blog for a period of 1 Month. END DATE: 13 june 2009

SEO Status of this blog:

1) Google PR #2
2) Alexa Ranking: 160,082
3) Backlinks: 5000+
4) Daily Unique Visits: 250 - 350
5) Daily Pageviews: 1000+

Anonymous said...

Awe that was such a cute Mickey to give for graduation.

Nice photos and you sound like me they say I'm a crazy grandma and I love it..

Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP