Friday, May 15, 2009

The Kyle Says Moo

I talked to my best friend (who lives in Georgia) last week and she was cracking up telling me a story.

She was visiting some friends with her kids. The one friend was talking to her youngest son who is 23 months. Whenever he would talk to the little guy, he would say his name: Kyle.

Every time, he would say Kyle, Kyle would moo at him. After dozens of times, Kyle started saying moo as if he was annoyed.

It took my friend until then to realize why Kyle was mooing.

Her friend is from Alabama and has a really heavy accent. A lot of people have a hard time understanding him, actually. I have never had a problem, but I have an ear for accents and such.

So every time he said Kyle, it sounded like Cow.

I could almost hear little Kyle's thoughts too. "Moo. I said, 'Moo' damnit! Don't you know anymore animals?!"

I talked to my friend Monday to see how her Mother's Day was and she told me they had gone by this friend's house again and Kyle kept mooing back at him.

She said she told her friend why Kyle was mooing, which made him laugh too. He was trying to enunciate after that, but it still sounded like Cow.

She was crying she was laughing so hard at this point trying to tell me the rest. She said that after a while, Kyle stopped mooing and would just look at the guy and make elephant noises and monkey noises.

She has the funniest kids!

submit to reddit Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Bookmark and Share

9 comments:

blueyes said...

heh, now that's funny and you got a good cow picture too :)

Kim said...

That is hilarious! I'm glad he started making other noises to mix it up.

Lindsay Maddox said...

HA! Thanks for the laugh today!

atorturedsoul said...

That's too funny!

And the picture of the cow is funny, too!

The Fitness Diva said...

Oh, I know that accent! That oh so relaxed Southern drawl. I LOVE that accent. My family is from North Carolina, so when I visit them, I get to hear that syrupy sweetness coming out of everyone's mouth all day long! lol

Every one syllable word or name gets stretched: Bill becomes Bee-yull, Ann become Ay-unn and so, of course, Kyle becomes Ka-ow. ;) Gotta love the way they lengthen the words, giving that nice lazy feel!

Funny!

ciamismanis said...

huehehehehe....is soo funny mooo....nice and good articles in here, im glad to read today

billy said...

hilarious

Laura said...

Kids can just be the funniest. :) I love your cow picture - it's hilarious!

Tellie said...

haha, poor kyle I know the feeling too my extended family is from the South and when I went to visit them for the first time (after living in England for my whole life) they might as well have been talking another language!

Great story!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP