Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Nephew is Graduating Tomorrow

I can't believe he is graduating....

Because he is 4.

He goes to preschool part-time at the local High School. They have a program where the Juniors and Seniors, along with real teachers, host a preschool as part of the curriculum for the High Schoolers.

They had that at my High School too. I went to preschool at my High School. My sister participated as a Junior and Senior.

Tomorrow he is having a graduation. I find it amusing because he will have another preschool graduation next year. His birthday is too late in the year for him to go to Kindergarten next year, so he will have another full year of preschool.

He is very excited about the graduation.

Partly because the previous 2 weeks were centered around his sister with her ballet recital rehearsals, the recital and then her birthday, which consisted of 2 parties and lasted a full week.

This week, it's all about him.

His graduation is at 9:30 and lasts until 11:00 tomorrow morning. I say, you know I love that child if I am going to get up and leave the house at 8:00 am to go somewhere noisy with screaming children!

My mom and I are going out for that and then taking him to lunch.

You would probably think that a 4 year old boy would want to go to McDonald's, Chuck E Cheese or even maybe Red Robin for lunch.

Not this one. Where does he want to go?

Panera. For broccoli cheese soup.



submit to reddit Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Bookmark and Share

12 comments:

Poetic Shutterbug said...

Congrats!!! That's pretty cute and there is nothing wrong with broccoli cheese soup. He's got great taste already :)

Karen said...

At least at a very young age he was given good education. Congratulations to the little boy.

Lola said...

A 4 year old that loves tree soup! Yay! (That's what I called broccoli when my kids were little, now they even eat brussels sprouts.)

Bombchell said...

aww how cute.

Patricia Rockwell said...

He has a very sophisticated palate for one so young!

along2481 said...

wow good amd nice....

Kelly B said...

tree soup, I like that!

yes, he does have a sophisticated palate. there is very little that he does not like. And he eats a lot of it. Huge appetite, that one, but he actually eats healthy. Better than his sister who won't eat anything green and could live off sausage, potatoes, bread and pasta....

nipsy said...

He's already showing his genius side by wanting their broccoli cheese soup!! Congrats to the little man. I hope you guys have a great afternoon out.

Phyl said...

That's hilarious -- the he loves broccoli cheese soup!

But how sweet. I hope he had a great graduation day.

Stephanie B said...

Mmm, broccoli cheese soup!

My son, on the other hand has a serious thing for bread.

Alicia aka "Fashiona" said...

Kelly what do mean you don't relish the getting up at the crack of dawn? I am sure he will appreciate you coming to see him.

Angel said...

Aren't kids so great. Sounds like he is off to a good and healthy start!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP