Friday, June 12, 2009

No Sleep & JackHammers

I couldn't sleep last night.

One reason is because I had Starbucks and did not take a sleeping pill.

I did not take it because the last few times I did, I ended up waking up a dozen times, so I thought I'd just go without.

Last night, I dozed, but never went into a full sleep until about 6:30 a.m. Up until then, I was either wide awake or dozing for a few minutes.

Then, at precisely 8:00 a.m., the jackhammer began.  I knew it was coming, but still....

We are having our porch replaced because it is crumbling. The very snowy, cold winters we've had and all the salt have not helped the cement porch.

This morning the crew came to demolish the porch and started with the jackhammer at 8:00 and did not stop until about 10:00. I tried to sleep through the noise, but that was impossible.

I feel like I'm hungover, though no alcohol was consumed. Now that I think of it, I bet that would have helped me sleep! Oh well. I'll keep it in mind for next time.

(I thought the jackhammering was done....they just started up again! BAH!)

submit to reddit Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Patricia Rockwell said...

I thought I was drinking regular tea yesterday and it turned out to be Chai tea which has much more caffeine in it than regular--so I know how you felt! I couldn't sleep well either!

Stephanie B said...

When my ex worked nights, it was always the leaf blowers seemingly going off all day. Or that's what he said.

Unlikely Oilfield Wife said...

Oh man, I know how you feel! At our old apartment, we had this CRAZY dude who lived below us and chose 6am as a great time to rev up his leaf blower. He also like to hose down dirt. Very strange dude lol. Hope you have better luck with sleep tonight!

Alicia aka "Fashiona" said...

ahh the soothing sounds of the city...I really miss NYC...jackhammers and crowded subway and all.

Kelly B said...

Alicia, as I was typing, I thought of you and knew you'd be missing the sound of jackhammers!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP