Friday, June 5, 2009

Thanks For the Prayers!

Thanks to all of you who sent warm thoughts and prayers for my little cousin.

Her surgery was yesterday and lasted about 8 hours.

The doctors are very pleased with the way the surgery went and are 95% positive that the outcome will be as they hoped.

She will have a couple of stents in for about a month and they will keep a close eye on her during that time. They are very confident that this surgery will allow her to live a happy and healthy life going forward. Fingers crossed they are right.

I have never seen this child smile. She does not smile in person or in photos. My cousin had a photo of her 4 granddaughters, including this one, and I said it was too bad that she wasn't smiling because they all looked so happy.

She said she never smiles, but who can blame her. Poor baby, this should be the time in her life when she is carefree and smiling all the time. I hope that can happen for her soon.

Thanks again!

7 comments:

Poetic Shutterbug said...

I am so glad it went well and I will keep her in my thoughts.

Stephanie B said...

Here's hoping.

Lola said...

Hopefully the surgery will take a way the pain and she can get back to being a kid and having fun and smiling. I will continue to send positive thoughts her way.

flit said...

I hope she'll be smiling soon

Shelly said...

I'm so glad the surgery went well. opefully she'll be smiling in no time and they smile can stay.

ZAJA Natural said...

I hope she pulls through and that the surgeries are successful. Such a hard thing for such a young person to have to go through.

globalwarming said...

a really nice post friend,,....thannks!!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP