Sunday, June 7, 2009

True Blood Addiction

I have been a bit neglectful of my blog this week. I just haven't really had anything to say.

Well, that's not entirely true. I have things to say, I just haven't felt like typing them.

I attribute the problem to a few things.

One being "medical" issues. Everyone seems to have something going wrong with them physically, but I will touch on that another day.

Another being my new addiction to True Blood.

An old friend recommended it to me. I had honestly never heard of it until a few weeks ago when the ads for the first season on DVD started airing everywhere. (I may have heard of it prior, but I didn't pay any attention.)

It makes me laugh that I like this type of thing now. When I was a kid, I absolutely hated anything even remotely scary. There was no way I would have watched or read a story about vampires, even friendly ones like Bill Compton or Edward Cullen.

After reading Twilight, I have developed a vampire addiction. So when my friend suggested I watch this series and read the books by Charlaine Harris, I started to look into it.

I found I could watch True Blood On Demand from beginning to end and I bought the first book in the Sookie Stackhouse series.

I started watching True Blood Tuesday and watched 3 episodes in one night, only stopping because it was 1:30 in the morning and I had to get up in a few hours. I have watched all but 2 episodes as of the time I write this. I haven't read the book yet, but that's more because I am too busy watching the show than anything.

If you don't like vampires, foul language, nudity (I admit, seeing Anna Paquin naked is a bit disturbing) or sex scenes, you wouldn't want to watch this, but if those things are okay on your list, dig in, it's so fun!

Part of the appeal of this show is beyond the vampire fun and the incredible bodies of some of these men, it's the setting. Bon Temp, Louisiana. You may be aware that New Orleans is my favorite place and I have been yearning for a visit. It's been a couple years already and every couple of years I have a need to go there.

The show is making that need worse while also helping ease it. The voodoo and accents and swamp setting makes me feel like I am there. Now, I never knowingly encountered a vampire on any of my trips, but it wouldn't surprise me to find out I had. If you have ever been to New Orleans, I imagine you know what I mean.

submit to reddit Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

nipsy said...

I adore the Sookie Stackhouse series..It gives me my vampires/others with all the humor and none of the actual gore..

sundcarrie said...

I read 7 of the books before starting the series and had a hard time with the TV storyline. I enjoyed it but I kept saying "that is not how it happened in the book" My favorite vamp, Eric, is not as cool as in the book either.

Kelly B said...

nipsy, yes, no gore! that's the stuff that would give me nightmares!

sundcarrie, I can see Eric would be cool...I haven't read the books, but they never translate on screen the same. I'm anxious to read and find out the difference.

mckhoii, thanks, but I don't trade spots on my blogroll. They are all blogs I frequent that I put up because I want to. You're welcome to put me on yours, but I won't trade for that spot. thanks.

ZAJA Natural said...

I love True Blood. I just ordered all the books. I am getting the Twilight series next. True Blood comes on again in 4 days I think. Note, books are always much different from the show or movie.

Lucy P. said...

I love True Blood; it is so hot! I can't wait for the next season to start :)

Brillie said...

I like watching this HBO serial TV too...

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP