Monday, July 20, 2009

Vibrating Mascara?

Can anyone tell me WHY we need vibrating mascara?

First it was vibrating toothbrushes. Then vibrating razors. Now vibrating mascara?

Seriously, is this necessary?

Is this even safe?

How do I know that when I put this mascara wand to my eyelashes that they won't be ripped painfully from my eye due to the pulsing action?

What real purpose does this have other than taking more money from my wallet?

From what I can see, the "benefits" are exactly the same as every other mascara on the market except this one "vibrates 7,000 times per stroke."

I've questioned the purpose of the other vibrating toiletries and I have to ask again, is this some type of acceptable sex toy marketed as a cosmetic?

No woman would be embarrassed to purchase a sex toy disguised as mascara.

Is it like a James Bond sex toy? Looks like real mascara, but is something entirely different.

You can carry it in your purse or keep it in your nightstand without worrying that someone might see it.

submit to reddit

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Bookmark and Share

11 comments:

flit said...

I can't imagine wanting to put something that vibrates anywhere NEAR my eyes, thank you very much!

And I don't think it would be all that successful as a sex toy either...who would want mascara there?

Fail. Definitely a fail.

Poetic Shutterbug said...

That sounds very dangerous to me, having something that vibrates near your eyes. Crazy idea. And as a sex toy? gimme a break.

Alicia aka "Fashiona" said...

Kelly...always the voice of reason...I don't understand vibrating mascara either. I rank it right up there with heated eyelash curlers; an accident waiting to happen!!

TH said...

so funny first time know this.

Patricia Rockwell said...

Kelly,
I agree. When I first saw this advertised, all I could think of was how I would be likely to stab myself with it. It's hard enough to put on mascara with a wand that holds still.

Dorothy L said...

I have enough issues with standard mascara tips...I would blind myself most certainly with one that vibrates...LOL
What a visual that is :)

The Fitness Diva said...

...put an eye out with that thing!

What in the world are they thinking??

The Beer Soap Company said...

The only thing that a woman should ever hold that vibrates is her cell phone or an actual vibrator. Anything else is just not needed.

Lenox Knits said...

How bizarre. I agree that it sounds pretty dangerous too. Can't wait for the first mascara related lawsuit.

Anonymous said...

That just sounds wierd to me...and I agree, there really is no point! I would think it would fling mascara particles all over the place.

http://sherdenise.wordpress.com/

Mom said...

It's awfully small to be any kind of useful sex toy...

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP