Monday, August 31, 2009

Waiting On A Call

Many of you know that I have been job hunting for quite some time. Part of my tag line is that I am searching for my career.

A while back I had determined that I wanted to work in the legal field as a paralegal or something similar.

With the current job market, though, I am open to other job opportunities, especially if it is a job that I could be happy doing.

I have had some bad luck with all of this getting maybe one call a month if lucky, sometimes, a couple months go by with nothing.

In the last 10 days or so, I had 4 interviews, 3 at law firms. One for a paralegal, one for a receptionist and one for an assistant position.

All three are downtown and within blocks of each other. In fact, 2 I interviewed for on the same day were literally across the street from each other.

What is also interesting is that I interviewed at each company according to size. The first firm was tiny, only 4 lawyers. The second has 13 layers, the 3rd has 42 lawyers.

All 4 positions are looking for someone to start immediately. The one that is not at a law firm is part-time, but it would be a fun job. The other 3 at the law firms are full-time and all vary in responsibility. All 3 would be great opportunities.

However, I am hoping for one of them in particular. I think it would be the best fit for me and vice versa as well as being a fun job with the most potential. I should be hearing from the 3 law firms anytime in the next day or two, so fingers crossed!

6 comments:

thechefsdaughter said...

I know how it feels to be both excited, worried and anxious at the same time at these times. Job hunting in its entirety is a roller coaster of emotions in the process. :)

Wish you all the best! :)

Dori said...

All the best with your job hunt :)

Sherri @ Luv a Bargain said...

Fingers are crossed on both hands:) I hope you hear from all three and then you get to decide.

Laura said...

Good luck! I hope you get the one you really want.

Zephyr Girl said...

Hi,
i just visited your blog, its really wonderful. If we work together, we have a wonderful opportunity for you to make money with your blog. If you are interested please do reply. I will be happy to explain. Its a lot of fun and its not a lot of work either. So please do reply.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Hope you get a call, THE call you want. The security of a job would be great!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP