Monday, December 14, 2009

Almost Christmas?

How did we get here already?

This year flew by faster than usual.

And the last 2 months just disappeared.

My last blog entry was right before Halloween. November and December have been blurs.

After we chose a place for my uncle, the following weeks were taken over by moving preparations, packing, Thanksgiving prep, Thanksgiving, moving him the day after Thanksgiving, getting him settled in the first week of December and putting up the Christmas decorations last week.

With it being a shorter span between Thanksgiving and Christmas than it sometimes is, I feel like I have been shorted on my holiday season.

I love Christmas and it has been so rushed and busy and non-Christmasy that I am not at all in the Christmas spirit.

We've only got a week and a half left, so I need to get Christmasy soon.

I have about half my shopping done. I am normally completely done by now.

No baking done, though I am usually on my second round.

My cards are not out yet.

No wrapping at all done.

No gifts shipped to my grandpa or best friend on the East Coast.

I am so behind.

But I cannot get the song for the Lottery out of my head. I think it's a local commercial, so only locals would know what I am talking about. It's so catchy, I walk around singing it all the time and just when I get it out of my head, the commercial comes on.

5 comments:

Reviewer11 said...

I agree, this year has gone so fast.

Have a great week. :D

The Hawg! said...

Sounds like me last year. Christmas just showed up and was gone -- there didn't seem like much time to enjoy anything.

Good luck getting all "Christmasy."

Good to see you posting again!

santoshi said...

May this new year bring many opportunities your way, to explore every joy of life and may your resolutions for the days ahead stay firm, turning all your dreams into reality and all your efforts into great achievements.
Wish You Happy New year 2010

SLColman said...

I agree where did this year go?

dawn hild said...

Kelly... where you been? Let us know how your doing please!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP